Free resources to support detection of high-risk conditions: Atrial Fibrillation (AF), Blood Pressure (BP), Cholesterol and Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH).
These resources are available for free to any organisation in the country offering blood pressure (BP), pulse checks or cholesterol checks (point of care test) to patients in any clinic or community setting, such as:
- Primary care teams
- Community pharmacy teams
- Public health / healthy lifestyle teams
- Secondary care teams
- Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector
You are free to pick and choose whatever supports and complements your project or service best, from any or all of the four options shown below.
If you check blood pressure, pulse or cholesterol in any setting, how are you giving the patient their results and helping them to know their numbers?
Would these cards be useful? They are free to order, with free delivery!
Following a blood pressure, pulse check or cholesterol check, how are you hearing feedback from the patient about the information they received and their experience? This generic survey could be used in any setting after a check. The non-identifiable data will be collected for you at scale. The British Heart Foundation will analyse the data to produce visual reports for you every quarter.
On the day of the check: options for using the survey
- The QR code is on the back of the patient results cards, or you can download and print the QR code poster below and display this at the venue. Upon completion of their BP and/or pulse check and/or cholesterol check (point of care test), please encourage patients to scan the QR code to access the survey online on their phone.
- With every order of results cards, we will send you some QR code posters to display.
- Or you can send an SMS text to those who attended for a BP / pulse / cholesterol check with the link to access the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/696SYQW
- Or print paper copies of the survey here (pages 3-10) and organisers to return completed forms to: KSS AHSN c/o Office 7, The Beehive, City Place, Beehive Ring Road, Gatwick, RH6 0PA.
For patients with BP > 140/90, who were advised to monitor their blood pressure at home (BP@Home) or received ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM), are they able to feed back their experience about what has happened since their initial check?
This second survey could be sent by SMS text or on paper to all patients you detected. The non-identifiable data will be collected for you at scale. The British Heart Foundation will analyse the data to produce visual reports for you every quarter.
One month later: options for using the follow-up survey
- Send patients an SMS text, for example: Thank you for recently attending to have your blood pressure and pulse checked. To help us learn and improve the service we would appreciate it if you could complete this short survey to tell us about your experience since the check. Click this link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6M792DX
- Or print paper copies of the survey here (pages 4-11) and organisers return completed forms to: KSS AHSN c/o Office 7, The Beehive, City Place, Beehive Ring Road, Gatwick, RH6 0PA.
This resource pack covers clinical pathways and patient information for atrial fibrillation (AF), blood pressure (BP), cholesterol, and familial hypercholesterolemia (FH).
It is available in Word format for anyone to download and amend or adapt to suit your local needs. Feel free to add to it, rebrand it, or simply use whatever is useful to add to your own project.
Inclisiran implementation resource pack to support Primary Care
Inclisiran was added to the NICE endorsed lipid management pathway in October 2021 as a secondary prevention option for patients treated with a maximum tolerated dose of statins and LDL >2.6 mmol/L. The lipid management pathway can be found here.
This fits in with supporting the NHS Long Term Plan ambition of reducing cardiovascular deaths and disease. As part of the AHSN Network national programme on lipid optimisation and familial hypercholesterolaemia (FH), the CVD Central team at KSS AHSN have created this resource pack to support Primary Care with the implementation of Inclisiran.
It is also available in Word format for anyone to download and amend or adapt to suit your local needs. Feel free to add to it, rebrand it, or simply use whatever is useful to add to your local guidance.
For any enquiries about the CVD Central project, or to be added or removed from the CVD Central mailing list, please contact the CVD Central Team firstname.lastname@example.org.