Blood Pressure optimisation
Information for professionals
Manage your blood pressure at home hub Created by The British Heart Foundation to provide support and advice to help patients understand and control their blood pressure.
Sussex Health and Care Partnership Blood Pressure Clinical Pathway
Home Blood Pressure Diary – an example of an online diary that calculates average measurements
Blood Pressure Optimisation (BPO) clinical pathways
The following resources are available online to download and share with patients electronically, in a link by text message or print. They are also available to order for free in hard copies delivered to you ahead of you inviting them in for a check
British Heart Foundation (BHF)
- Hard copies of ‘Understanding Blood Pressure’ and a variety of quick guides and other ‘Understanding Risk Factors’ booklets can be ordered or downloaded via: Understanding risk factors | BHF
- To order hard copies of the leaflet, enter how many you would like, then click ‘ADD TO BASKET.’ Create an account to complete the order (very quick and simple process).
- A ‘High blood pressure and stroke’ factsheet, which explains the link between high blood pressure can stroke can be downloaded and printed. Hard copies can also be purchased.
- More information and other resources can also be found here.
- Diabetes UK have produced excellent guides explaining the importance of blood pressure control for those with diabetes. The information that can be shared with patients via this link.
- They have developed an information prescription for healthcare professionals. These are personalised pieces of information that are easy to read, have clear images and have individual goals to help prevent diabetes and high blood pressure. You can access this document here.
Lipids and FH
Information for professionals
NICE Lipid Management Pathway – The clinical pathway for lipid management has now been updated to include bempedoic acid and inclisiran into the pathway. This pathway unifies multiple NICE guidance and technology appraisals into a single document to support clinical decision making on lipid management, supporting the NHS Long Term Plan’s ambitions for cardiovascular disease prevention and to improve patient outcomes.
The following resources are available online to download and share with patients electronically, in a link by text message or print. They are also available to order for free in hard copies delivered to you ahead of you inviting them in for a check.
British Heart Foundation:
A series of quick guides to download or order online, available here: www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/risk-factors
- Main website: www.heartuk.org.uk
- Tackling Cholesterol Together, a very useful holistic overview/training/education/resources on managing cholesterol. Tackling Cholesterol Together (heartuk.org.uk)
- Diet checklist: https://www.heartuk.org.uk/primary-care-resource-centre/diet-checklist.
For HCPs: Novartis Inclisiran portal page
Bempodoic Acid and Ezetamide
Short and Long Versions of the Patient Information Leaflets for Nilemdo®▼ (Bempedoic Acid)
Short and Long Versions of the Patient Information Leaflets for Nustendi®▼ (Bempedoic Acid and Ezetimibe)
PCSK9 inhibitors – Praluent (Alirocumab)
UCLPartners Proactive Care Frameworks
UCLPartners have created a series of proactive care frameworks to support primary care teams to manage patients with cardiovascular conditions.
The frameworks include:
- Comprehensive search tools to risk stratify patients – built for EMIS and SystmOne
- Pathways that prioritise patients for follow up, support remote delivery of care, and identify what elements of LTC care can be delivered by staff such as Health Care Assistants and link workers.
- Scripts and protocols to guide Health Care Assistants and others in their consultations.
- Training for staff to deliver education, self-management support and brief interventions. Training includes health coaching and motivational interviewing.
- Digital and other resources that support remote management and self-management.
Atrial Fibrillation Frameworks
Lipid Management/Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Frameworks
Making Every Contact Count (MECC)
MECC is an evidence-based approach to improve people’s health and wellbeing by helping them change their health behaviours. The NHS Long Term Plan reminds us that every 24 hours the NHS comes into contact with more than a million people at moments that, for those individuals, brings home the personal impact of ill health.
This resource pack is designed to support healthcare professionals running AF and BP detection events in clinical and community settings to adopt the MECC approach to reducing CVD. We have provided the document in a MS Word format to enable you to adapt the resources to suit your local delivery plans. Wishing you every success in making every contact count.
MECC Training is also available nationally through the e-Learning for Healthcare platform, and may be available locally through your local authority public health team.
CVD Central resource pack
Options 1-4 on offer and available through the slide set for any organisation and setting to utilise: Click to download
- 1. = Results Cards
- 2. = 1st patient experience survey – on the day of check
- 3. = 2nd patient experience survey – one month post check
- 4. = Resource pack – available in Word format and anyone is welcome to download amend / adapt it to suit your local project work… please feel free to add to it, re-brand it, or just take whatever you want from it to add to your own project. Download and amend: Resource-Pack-CVD-Central-Project
View the CVD Central slides in the attachment or the link here: Support offer CVD Central slides for South East.June2022.Final.
- 5. For PCNs only – Clinical activity and outcome data collection
(Back to CVD Local Programmes page)
For any enquiries about the CVD Central project, or to be added or removed from the CVD Central mailing list, please contact the CVD Central Team at KSS AHSN at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have further resources that can be shared with specific groups, CVD Prevent data for PCN or practice Lipid prescribing dashboards and data. Please email us on email@example.com